Introducing Rome Reborn on VXR.Direct
- Did you ever wish you could travel back in time to see ancient Rome at the peak of its glory? Now you can thanks to Rome Reborn®, a series of products for personal computers and VR headsets that make it possible to visit the now-vanished ancient city. Computer reconstructions of the buildings and monuments explained to you by leading experts bring the city to life. Rome Reborn is something new: think of it as the place where virtual tourism meets virtual time travel. It runs on PCs (Mac, Windows 10) and VR headsets (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive).
- Rome Reborn is aimed at students and the general public. You will find it useful if you are studying ancient Rome in a history class, if you are preparing to visit The Eternal City, or if have already done so and want to deepen your understanding of the sites and monuments you saw. In terms of age, tests of Rome Reborn products show that people from 6 to 96 find Rome Reborn engaging.
- Rome Reborn is a series of apps and videos that present individual tours of the city, including, for example, the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, the imperial fora, the imperial palace, the Pantheon, and the entire city seen from the air. Think of each app or video as a chapter in a guidebook about ancient Rome. You can gauge how much you have learned by registering on the Rome Reborn website and taking our quizzes that will give you your expert rating. When you do well on a quiz, you will earn awards which you can share with your friends on social media.
- Rome Reborn Exhibits Include:
- The Roman Forum
- Flight Over Ancient Rome
- The Basilica of Maxentius
- The Pantheon
- The Colosseum District
- The Imperial Fora
- The Imperial Palace
All-You-Can-Learn VR Education
A New Way to Explore Learning
VXR.Direct is groundbreaking in its contents and benefits:
Just Released: Rome Reborn-History Units for VXR.Direct!
- 48 VR Units of Science for middle and high school
- Oxford University Press courses teaching Mandarin speakers English completely in virtual reality
- Nelson Mandela’s life in VR – including the seclusion of his jail cell
- Triceratops Ranch – ride a triceratops while learning science
- Science content is NGSS-aligned
- Learning is fun with virtual comic books, games, movies, and field trips
- Led by an award-winning science teacher, Wendy Martin
- Simple and effective: Users download, install, and play a program all within a few clicks
- VXR.Direct works with both tethered and mobile
- Once a user is subscribed, access is granted to the entire VictoryXR library
- Works on Oculus Go, Quest, and Rift, the HTC Vive, the Lenovo Mirage, Windows Mixed Reality headsets and the Pico Goblin and G2
We are adding more content all the time!
Frequently Asked Questions
Most certainly. VXR Direct is available for just $10 per month, per headset
We do not sell VR computers or the tethered headsets (HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Windows Mixed Reality).
Each VictoryXR curriculum unit comes with a specially designed Teacher Support Page that covers all of the contents within the unit. Our staff is always willing to give you a quick tutorial on the product or you can purchase an extended PD course for more in-depth knowledge.
If you already have VR in your school/organization, contact us (with the form on the right) and we will be happy to provide you with a free demo for one of the following systems: HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Oculus Go, and Windows Mixed Reality headsets.