Take dissection to another realm with virtual reality.
Teaching anatomy, including the body systems and structure and function, is an integral part of science. But let’s be honest, hands-on dissection isn’t for everyone.
- Virtual reality dissection is the perfect alternative and the ultimate example of a user-friendly technology experience for education.
- There is no setup required. Just pop on a VR headset, load the program, and you are ready to learn.
- VR dissections can take place anywhere – in a classroom, museum, library, and even in your home.
Carolina Biological Curriculum
VictoryXR and Carolina Biological are creating the world’s first virtual reality specimen dissection library. These fun and engaging experiences supplement the education of today and will be an integral part of learning tomorrow.
- A national award winning science teacher – who we have digitized into a hologram – provides step-by-step instructions
- Specimens are recreated to the finest detail – a suitable substitute for the real thing in a classroom
- Animals that are represented to scale inside the virtual environment
- Lifelike physical models – specimens appear as they would in a real-life classroom dissection
- Science teachers can feel good about substituting virtual reality for the real thing
Many states have laws allowing students to choose opt-out alternatives to dissection without being penalized in the classroom.
Students may choose to opt-out because of:
- Religious beliefs
- Personal beliefs
- Health reasons
These may prevent some students from participating in your hands-on lab dissection. Don’t let them miss out! Give them an equally engaging interactive experience using virtual reality!
With Six-Degrees of Freedom (6DOF) users will be able to interact with the animal and the room around them.
- Adjust your positioning to get a better view inside of the specimens
- Use the hand controls as your virtual hands to snip, slice, and inspect
- Compatible with the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Windows Mixed Reality headsets
- Requires SteamVR (install the application by going to: https://store.steampowered.com/)
“We are incredibly excited about VictoryVR’s virtual reality frog dissection, the learning experience their team has designed is unlike anything else out there today.”
-Nicole Green, Director, Animalearn
Frequently Asked Questions
VictoryXR’s Dissection Library is compatible with:
- HTC Vive
- Oculus Rift
- Windows Mixed Reality headsets
We sell Oculus Go headsets pre-loaded with our curricula. We do not, however, sell VR computers or the tethered headsets (HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Windows Mixed Reality).
Each VictoryXR curriculum unit comes with a specially designed Teacher Support Page that covers all of the contents within the unit. Our staff is always willing to give you a quick tutorial on the product or you can purchase an extended PD course for more in-depth knowledge.
If you already have VR in your school/organization, contact us (with the form on the right) and we will be happy to provide you with a free demo for one of the following systems: HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Oculus Go, and Windows Mixed Reality headsets.