Frequently Asked Questions
I. General FAQ
A. Benefits of VR in Education:
When was the last time you were able to compare the size of an electron and a proton that were built to scale?!
In VR, a meter is the same as it would be in the real world. This offers endless opportunities to explore every creation the world has to offer, from the smallest molecule to the largest planet.
Whether it be from up above, underneath, or looking right inside – VR provides the opportunity to observe and explore objects or scenarios that would not otherwise be possible in the real world.
Take a walk over an enormous map of any country, peek inside the chambers of the human heart, check out the view from the back of a stegosaurus!
Gathering enough resources for every single student can be a financial hardship in the real world – especially when materials are expensive, hard to come by, or tricky to replicate.
In VR, it’s as easy as copy and paste! All of our 3D modeled IFX objects can be built to meet any specifications, giving each student an identical experience at no additional cost.
When an activity requires a specific level of care, it can isolate students who may not be able to participate safely.
In VR, there is no risk at all! Light your bunsen burners, explore your toxic chemicals, climb tall towers, or explore the depths of a molten volcano all from the safety of VR.
In activities that require specific data or detailed measurements, the real world environment can have a negative impact on those results.
VR is an excellent way to maintain the accuracy of data-based results and provide overall consistency from experiment to experiment.
- Contact Us
- John King, Director of Higher Education Sales – email@example.com
- Chris McLean, Sales Associate – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erica Everett, Director of K-12 Sales – email@example.com
- Kathleen Oulette, Director of Client Success & Homeschooling – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cassie Hauschildt, Marketing & eCommerce Lead – email@example.com
C. Where are my products?
- To access all user instructions, professional development, curricular materials, and to manage your content for VXRLabs and VXR Web, you will need a login for our learning management system, VXR Nexus.
- An invitation to VXR Nexus will come automatically with purchase. If you do not receive your welcome email within 24 hours, please check your spam folder.
- If you are unable to locate your welcome email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. Product FAQs
To access our suite of products, open VXRNexus.
A. VXRLabs (VXRL):
- Need help with VXRL? (User Instructional Guide) For Team Leads of an Organization
- WiFi and Firewalls
- In order to access content, your VR headset(s) must be connected to your facility’s WiFi internet connection.
- In order to host and join multi-user simulations within VXRLabs, your WiFi connection must be configured to open certain “ports.” Please share this information with your facility’s Internet administrators
- VXRLabs is available only on the Meta Quest 2 and Meta Quest 3 VR headsets (as of November 2023). This means that Meta’s server connections must also be allowed. These connection requests may appear as “gateway.facebook.com” and “mqtt-mini.facebook.com.” Please note that opening these connections will not allow students to access social media within their VR headsets. These server names are merely a carry-over from when Meta was called Facebook prior to October of 2021.
- VXRLabs allows students and teachers to participate in synchronous (multiplayer) simulations and experiences! This means that your WiFi connection must meet certain requirements:
- Speed: 50 Mbps Download, 15 Mbps Upload.
- You can test your WiFi speeds at https://www.speedtest.net using your phone, or PC. (ensure that you are connected to the relevant WiFi before you test!)
- Hardware compatibility
Learn more about our global partners, strategic partners, and trusted resellers.
Reach Out Today!
Find more information about a specific product, learn more about our process, or gain assistance with any of our products or services.
Learn more about our products.
Discover novel experiences in virtual reality, augmented reality, or on your computer! Experience the future of K-12, Homeschooling, and Higher Education in each of our products.
Learn More ▸
A fully immersive platform that hosts an expansive collection of educational experiences and shared spaces for individual or multiplayer use.
Learn More ▸
A web application that provides non AR/VR experiences, in which users interact with 3D content on PCs, Chromebooks, and Macs.